FC Rubin head coach Kurban Berdyev shares his impression after the Russian Premier League gameweek 2 1-1 draw against Dinamo.
- Today's draw is a fair result. Dinamo were more active in the first half. There is certain satisfaction from our second half performance.
- Russia Internationals Fedor Kudryashov and Vladimir Granat are staying on the bench for the second game in a row. Do those players who are playing now look better than them at the moment or is it just a break you gave them after the World Cup.
.- Fedor had come back with an injury from the World Cup, so he is not fit enough and has been involved in team trainings for one week only so far. As for Vladimir Granat, he is not fit enough, he has not played too much in the National team, but now he is gaining form, so we will see.
- Hopefully, Sardar Azmoun's injury is not very serious, isn't it?
- It's a huge knock, but hopefully, there is nothing serious.
- Is he going to be fit by the next game?
- Yes, he is, with God's help.
- How would you assess Chico Flores' performance?
-In general, Chico and Uremovic are in their adaption period now. So time and patience are required. Both of them must improve their first offensive balls. They are getting adapted little by little and we are pleased that they are with us.
- You have inverted the defensive trio, compared to the previous game, haven't you?
- Only the duo has been inverted, not the trio. The thing is that Krasnodar have a very fast left wing and Uremovic is a quite a fast player as well. Actually, his today's position is more natural for him and the same is with Chico who has always been a right centreback.
- After the Krasnodar fixture, you said that not all the players were fit enough. Are there any improvements now?
- First of all, I meant the international players because their contribution is important to us. Cesar did not join us until the last camp and he was not fit enough either, but he is an experienced player and his experience lets him play quite well. Regarding Dmitry Poloz, he is not fit enough compared to his period in Rostov. I know what he is capable of. The last ten minutes were very hard for him, he had to endure and we had no players available to change him for we are having only three strikers in the squad. If we had a player available, I would have certainly replaced him after he got tired.
Казань, ст. Рубин